At Withnell Fold School we encourage the children to eat and drink healthily and our school meals reflect this. We have a wide range of healthy options available to the children and they select their preferred choice from the half termly menus.
Dinner money is £2.50 a day
Please can you notify Mrs Cunliffe immediately if you wish to make any changes to your child's meal pattern.
Our school dinners are operated by Lancashire County Council. We receive coloured menus which we send out,on a termly basis. We thought it may be useful to create a link to the relevant page of the LCC website should you wish to view the latest menu or find out more about them.
You will need to click on the 'COOK SERVERY MENU' link in the middle.
Universal Free School Meals for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children
All pupils in Reception, Year One or Year Two in primary schools are entitled to free school meals.
If you are entitled to Free School Meals please still apply for them (form below) as the school will receive the Pupil Premium Grant linked to this.
Free School Meals
For children in year three and above they could get free school meals if you get:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR)
- Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance (IB-JSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run on'- the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Parents whose children are eligible for free school meals must have applied for them otherwise we will have to charge the full amount of £2.35 per day until we receive confirmation from the local education authority (tel no. 01772 532253) of your successful claim.
Free school meals can save you hundreds of pounds a year. If you receive benefits, your child could also get free milk, contact your school to find out what arrangements they make for school milk.